Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy SOUR Hour

Last night I was finally able to get out for Detroit Beer Week.  I attended the Happy SOUR Hour event at Slows BBQ in Detroit, which featured sour beers from Jolly Pumpkin and Leelanau Brewing Company with special guest Charles Psenka.  Beer was available by the bottle, glass, or flights of five.


Flights included:
1. Leelanau Brewing Company Good Harbor Golden Ale
2. Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza
3. Jolly Pumpkin La Roja
4. Jolly Pumpkin Fuego del Otono
5. Jolly Pumpkin La Parcela

I am not a big sour beer drinker, but I thought all of the beers were good.  My favorite was La Parcela (JP's pumpkin ale), followed by Oro de Calabaza.  My date for the evening is a big Jolly Pumpkin fan, and loves sour beers.  His favorite of the flight was also La Parcela, followed by La Roja.  I followed the fight with a glass of Jolly Pumpkin's Bam Noire, which was also delicious.

It was nice to be were able to visit with Charles Psenka. and see Aaron from the Tashmoo Biergarten.

The fun evening was capped off with dinner at Slows...definitely put me in the mood for the Detroit Beer Festival on Saturday.  Hope I see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment