Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jacoby’s German Biergarten




This past weekend I had the opportunity to visit Jacoby’s in Detroit.  Located at 624 Brush Street, this quaint Biergarten features a comprehensive beer list and some of the best German food around.  The potato pancakes are delicious, as is the spatzle. I ordered the German meatballs, which is one of my favorites.
 


I ordered a Shorts The Magician, a dark red London style ale.  It was very good, had a sweet fruity flavor with a hint of raisin.  Unfortunately I was craving a pumpkin beer, and eyed the Sam Adam’s Double Pumpkin Ale on the beer menu, but due to all the area sporting events lately they were out.


Jacoby’s was busy but not packed, the Lions were on and the crowd was into the game.  It’s always a fun time at Jacoby’s, if you’re in the mood for great food, great people and great beer I highly recommend going.

No comments:

Post a Comment