Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tashmoo Biergarten


Today I visited the Tashmoo Biergarten in Detroit - what an awesome place! Located at 1416 Van Dyke, Tashmoo is only open Sundays from noon - 9pm, with next Sunday being their last day for the season. It was a great time - family friendly with board games available on the tables and corn-hole games being played in the lot. Sorry, no dogs allowed.


Entry was free, beer tickets were $2 each, and each glass started at 2 tickets (Jolly Pumpkin was 3 tickets). The beer list was great - I love porters and stouts, so I quickly ordered a Founders porter. The Biergarten was wonderfully simple, the food and beer lists were written on chalkboard and the tables were made from old doors. Great atmosphere, it was very relaxed and chill. I absolutely loved it, I wish I could've stayed all day. I look forward to visiting next year.



http://www.freep.com/article/20110925/COL20/109250330/Sylvia-Rector-Tashmoo-Biergarten-ready-pop-up-Detroit-s-West-Village

No comments:

Post a Comment