Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Arcadia Brewing Company

On the beer tour of west Michigan, we stopped at Arcadia Brewing Company in Battle Creek, MI. Opened in 1996 and producing beer in small batches, this brewery features "British-style" ales.


The brewery was rather large, with a large bar in the back, a restaurant in the front, merchandise sold to the right, and the brewery was located behind that. Each area had a different feel, from an English pub to a Renaissance Festival to a warehouse with a bit of tie-dye thrown in.


A fan of coffee and a dark beer drinker, I ordered the Starboard Stout (5.6% ABV), an Irish style oat malt stout which boasted a toasty malt flavor. It was good, but seemed a little dry to me - I like my stouts a bit sweeter. It's pictured with a water and an Angler's Ale (5.4% ABV), which is their English pale ale. We also ordered a side of their ale cheese and crackers, which were pretty good.

If you find yourself near Battle Creek, I recommend stopping in - I'm glad I did.

http://www.arcadiaales.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment