Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sherwood Brewing Company

If you find yourself near Shelby Township, Michigan, you must stop by Sherwood Brewing Company. Located in a nondescript strip mall off Hayes just west of Hall Road, Sherwood has THE best beer and food in the area.


During my first visit at Sherwood I knew this brewery was special. There is a funky attitude to Sherwood, the brewery is a blast and the people here are like a big family. Everything I have ordered off the menu is delicious, I highly recommend the pizza with spicy beer sauce and the S'n'M burger with season fries. I try to get to Sherwood once a week.


As a coffee lover, I am a huge fan of the dark beers (porters and stouts). Sherwood is where I fell in love with beer, their Hazelnut Coffee Stout is amazing. Ray and Lisa are the owners, and they are always doing something new and different; for the Detroit Beer Festival they had their Jamocha Cocoa Coffee Stout, which was also delicious. Pictured above is their beer released on October 28, the Smoked Pumpkin Porter (along with favorite 1492 IPA). I really enjoyed the Smoked Pumpkin Porter, sometimes smoked flavor can overwhelm beer but this one has just enough. And it was balanced perfectly with the Pumpkin.

Sherwood is always hosting fun activities and daily specials, from Mugless Club Mondays, Trivia Tuesdays, Blues 'n Brews Wednesdays, and Ladies Nights on Thursdays. Fan them on facebook to know what their happenings are, and be sure to check out their website for the latest brewery news.


http://www.sherwoodbrewing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment