Monday, November 28, 2011

Olde Peninsula

While on my biercation, I visited Olde Peninsula in downtown Kalamazoo. We decided to stop for dinner based on a recommendation of the food.


 Serving a smaller craft beer selection, I would say Olde Peninsula is more of a nice restaurant than brewery. Their food was delicious, our recommendation was right on. I ordered a burger, and decided on a flight of beer.


My flight contained four beers - a Pumpkin Ale on nitro, the Jack-O-Lantern, the Midnight Stout, and the Haymarket Cream Ale. I really wanted to try their Stout Chocula, but they were out of it. The Pumpkin Ale was delicious, very smooth and creamy. My favorite pumpkin ale is Screamin' Pumpkin by Michigan Brewing Company, OP's Pumpkin Ale came close. The Midnight Stout was a dark beer with hints of chocolate and coffee, and the Jack-O-Lantern was a hybrid beer mix of the Pumpkin Ale and the Midnight Stout. The Haymarket Cream Ale was good, too - very light. Cream Ale's are a bit too light for me, but this one had good flavor. (Note: pictured flight is OP IPA, Midnight Stout, Jack-O-Lantern, and Pumpkin Ale; my flight came in small glasses as they ran out of flight glasses).

Similar to their Jack-O-Lantern hybrid, Olde Peninsula serves a selection of four additional mix-n-match brews, where they serve combinations such as the Midnight Stout combined with the Raspberry Wheat. They also serve several bottled domestics.

http://oldepenkazoo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment