Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Bierthday!

I celebrated my birthday last week, and what is a better gift for me than a Mugless Club membership to my favorite brewery, Sherwood?

My actual birthday happened to fall on BYOM (bring your own mug) day, where members can bring in their own mug up to 30 oz and have them filled at menu price. This mug was crazy heavy, and bigger than my head (and filled with Ray's amazing Smoked Pumpkin Porter).


Another birthday gift was a long weekend visiting the breweries in western Michigan. We took three days and visited twelve breweries including but not limited to Jolly Pumpkin (Ann Arbor), Dark Horse, Arcadia, Bells, Olde Peninsula, Hopcat, Founders, New Holland, and Michigan Brewing Company. We mapped out the trip using Rex Halfpenny's Michigan Beer Guide, which can be found for free at many breweries and the better beer stores.

Come back and read my brewery specific posts, which I hope to finish in the next week!

1 comment: